Wednesday 9 June 2010

Precariously Balanced.

Each day I try to read a broad range of comment on the market.... I try and get a mixture of News, Observation and Opinion. When it comes to opinion, I try to get a balance, thus I do not only read the opinions of analysts/traders who agree with me, but also those of a contra opinion. Having taken in much information (but not too much - Information overload can totally stifle you) I return back to my own analysis and review where I think the various markets reside in the big picture and where it may head next. -- Having said that, a scan of the various news / comment pages and blogs this morning has left me far more confused than ever. Across the blogs there are a some bulls who seem to think we may come lower for now, then bounce big time, and across the bears there is confusion whether we head lower from here, or whether we see a short-term bounce, or even something bigger. There are also one or two more balanced bloggers (who I prefer to read personally), they do not always have strong permanent biases, but often make sound rationale sense. These guys seem to think that a big move is very close, one way or the other. - Overall though the confusion is strong, which reflects the battle between the bulls and the bears going on at the moment. --- The 'line in the sand' seems to be the 1035/1040 on the S&P, a second attempt was repelled again yesterday --- does the market move back to 1100 from here?? Is a third attempt at 1040 on the cards ??? Or is it averted for now? -- Will a third attempt fail or succeed ? And if it succeeds would be terminal or temporary? -- So many questions , so many possibilities.

With regard to my own view - I think we shoot lower, possibly a lot lower. However I am open to the possibility that a third significant failure at 1035/1040 could repel this much higher. If that happens, I will review my analysis and my view.-

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlphaMind podcast #107 A US Navy Seal Commander, A Mindfulness Expert, and Self-Compassion

In the brutal world of trading and markets, we can often turn in on ourselves, and end up becoming our biggest problem. The ability to stay ...