Wednesday 20 April 2011

I really should start listening to my own views.

Monday, morning : My Comment was that last week we had a 'Bearish Harami' pattern. The gist of this being that a setback is due, but most likely a moderate one. - I used the Harami to cut my long, which I felt happy about.

However - I followed this by saying that on any setback 'I favour any moves below 1.42/1.43 being short-lived'.

Yesterday my comment was, regarding the S&P downgrade : 'It will be interesting to see whether the market brushes this off, or whether this now grows in prominence in the markets mind'.  - My point being that S&P had really pointed out something which everyone knew anyway.

Put these two together, and really I should have been buying a cheeky little long EURUSD position. - Did I do anything ,,, Nope - what a missed opportunity. - I could have bought in the low 1.42s and I would be bagging a quick near 200 ticks. - I would probably have been selling back in the high 1.44s, because the Harami from last week is still present, and I think will keep this maintained in a range.... - I will not short here, because I do not fancy being counter-trend right now, I'd rather buy dips....

And there you have it...- Note to self : 'Listen to yourself more often'.


On that note I will leave you, as I think I may be going slightly mad. - Too much sunshine.....Not use to it in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlphaMind podcast #107 A US Navy Seal Commander, A Mindfulness Expert, and Self-Compassion

In the brutal world of trading and markets, we can often turn in on ourselves, and end up becoming our biggest problem. The ability to stay ...