Monday 15 August 2011

RE:EURO WEEKLY CHART - A dangerous omission

It has been pointed out to me by a good friend, that my commentary and chart of the Weekly EURUSD failed to include a bullish option. (Typically I include both a bullish and bearish options). - Perhaps that omission by me was a sign of that I (like many others) is only looking for the bearish outcome. - This omission, whether accidental or deliberate may be a signal in itself, that the market is too focused on the bearish case. If so, could this actually be a good reversal indicator in itself.  - A market overly bearish, where fear of a drop is the only option being considered.- In a similar way to the Stock market in early 2009.  Since I published that chart on Thursday, the EURUSD has done a big about turn, and right now is knocking on the door of 1.4400.


I will post a chart which considers the bullish option, which I really should have included last week.

Below is the weekly EURUSD bullish option. - A large  'Bull Flag' pattern, which has consolidated the major bull flag monthly breakout of the 2008/2011 pattern. (UPPER chart is the weekly/LOWER chart is the monthly). On a sustained breakout over 1.4440 this suggests a potential to around 1.6500 -




No comments:

Post a Comment

AlphaMind podcast #107 A US Navy Seal Commander, A Mindfulness Expert, and Self-Compassion

In the brutal world of trading and markets, we can often turn in on ourselves, and end up becoming our biggest problem. The ability to stay ...