Tuesday 8 March 2011

Possible Inverted 'Cup & Handle' pattern on the Bund. (EURUSD UPDATE)

With my EURUSD Cup & Handle pattern, fighting to stay alive (so far so good), I have found what appears to be another Cup & Handle pattern (This time an inverted one on the Bund future). Whilst the risk risk of looking like a total mug (Apologies for that, too much Starbucks today) if this one don't work I have highlighted it on the chart below.



The breakdown level (On a sustained basis) should be around 121.20, with target if that holds at around 119.20.  As I say with these patterns can be flakey, I'd say around 50% success rate, but the risk reward in my opinion makes it worth a punt. i.e. Stop at 122.00 Short around here, currently 121.48, target 119.20 with a trailed stop. That is 50 points risk for 230 points reward on a 50/50 bet, well 50/50 if it breaks and hold 121.20, probably slightly less currently, but I'm sure you get my drift.

With regard to the EURUSD Cup and Handle of the past few weeks, it came back today and re-tested last week's breakout, if this is going to be a successful pattern, that level around 1.3850 (I'd allow an over extension slightly) needs to continue holding and then act a springboard for the potential gains well into the 1.4000s.  If it fails to hold 1.3800 I'd have to seriously doubt the pattern, and will consider the possibility of much lower levels ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlphaMind podcast #107 A US Navy Seal Commander, A Mindfulness Expert, and Self-Compassion

In the brutal world of trading and markets, we can often turn in on ourselves, and end up becoming our biggest problem. The ability to stay ...